Wednesday, April 29

Rest in peace, Ezra Weidenfeld


Dear Ezra,

I'm sorry for how much I've cried today... you would not approve. Because when I think of you, I remember all the times you tried so hard to make me smile. And how happy you'd get when I did. You had so much love to give, and you spread it everywhere, especially via those massive, comforting, warm, wonderful hugs of yours. I wanted so much to be able to go camping together, and I'm sorry we never got the chance. I wish you were still here, so I could have spent more time with you. But I know you did what you were on earth to do; you did it beautifully. You made a difference in the life of everyone you came in contact with, taught them to think in new ways, look at things in a different perspective. I hope you know how many lives you touched.
But you'll never really be gone. You'll live on every time anyone thinks of K3, or plays violin, or talks about the GK3, or counts to one, or goes sledding in the middle of the night, or watches Planet Earth, or wears a headband, or dreams, or sees or makes beautiful art, or tries to think of someone who personifies goodness. You'll be there. And someday I'll hug you again.


Love for eternity,
Shaina

5 comments:

  1. That was beautiful. I honestly want to turn some of that into a song, I never even knew Ezra, but what you wrote was very touching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Ezra that well, having left da Slope when he was about 9. I'm glad he grew up into such a fine person, but angry that he took himself away, and sad for Moshe & Shanee & Rafi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for posting this about Ezra, he was truly a sweet, special, and warm guy, and will be greatly missed. His parents found some comfort in your beautiful words. I am just wondering if you can post some of his other artwork instead of, or as well as, the self-portrait you have up? It's a bit dark and it would be nice if people, including his family, can see some of his lighter work. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ruth, thanks so much for the suggestion. You're right. In the next post, I've added some of his other artwork - as well as the link to his blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again,
    Ezra's mother, Shanee Weidenfeld, would like to get in touch with you to thank you for all your kind words. Do you have a direct mail or email address you can send me? You can email me at ruthie@littlebirdstyle.com

    Thanks again for everything,
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete